Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pennywise - 2012 Pinot Noir

I picked this bottle up at Cork and Barrel on a whim because I vaguely remember someone saying it was a good brand once. The bottle label was pretty plain, but I noticed after i had already stabbed the foil that it was a penny. Clever, Pennywise. Very clever.

This is less a sit and chill while drinking wine and more of the type of wine you eat it with your chicken dinner. It was sharp on the tongue and nose and the finish was pretty tannis-y.This wine accompanied my chicken dinner, and I think it went much better with food.

My second round of drinking this went along with a reality TV show called The Quest. It's basically Survivor only in a fantasy setting, with actors playing knights and queens and monsters and stuff. It is really awesome, and you should go watch it on Netflix right now. And maybe enjoy a glass of wine as you watch the magic (and inevitable reality show drama) unfold.

Ehem. Back to the wine. Probably not one I'd buy again. I've had many other Pinot Noirs that I've enjoyed much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment