Sunday, July 22, 2012

Castle Rock - 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon


This was one of the bottles that the Scotch Man purchased the night of our exploration of Mass Beverage.

I didn't find this bottle nearly as good as the Zinfandel Luigi gave me for Christmas. It wasn't as mellow, and was really acidic. Of course, I still drank two glasses of it the night we opened it, none the less. 

It was another chill evening, all of us on the couch doing our own thing. The Scotch Man has his son that night, and after he put him to bed, he disappeared into the kitchen. I was engrossed in my book, but then I heard the resounding pop of the cork being removed from the bottle, and looked up with glee. Which he teased me about. We hadn’t had wine in awhile, and we didn’t traditionally drink with the munchkin around, so it was a pleasant surprise. 

Overall this seems to reaffirm that the cab sauv grape is too dry for my taste. I am curious to try some other grapes from Castle Rock, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment