Sunday, July 15, 2012

Columbia Crest Grand Estates - 2008 Syrah


It was a hot one the day I cracked open this bottle. I think it got up to 107, which is pretty hot for June. July and August, usually in the 100s. It was so hot that there were asphalt roads exploding and a couple of people died. It’s shaping up to be a long summer that requires lots of wine. 

That night, I went to the liquor store looking to get the wine of the week, but it was a white, so I walked right past it. It’s probably better weather for a white, but I got two bottles of Syrah (one Syrah and one Shiraz, which apparently are essentially the same thing??) instead. So far, I'm not much of a fan of the Syrah. Too dry.

After a glass, I met Luigi on Gmail video chat and we talked for two hours while we drank. She showed me around her new apartment and we reminisced about relationships (current and past) and our high school days. We’ve been friends for 15 years, so I’ve known her half my life. Back in high school, we used to celebrate the birthdays of all of the Beatles together in high school. We were lamenting because we missed Paul’s this year. 

We haven’t lived in the same town since high school, but we chat online pretty much every day and video chat whenever the two of us have time. I’m lucky to have such an amazing best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment