Sunday, August 26, 2012

White Tail Run Winery LLC

Scotch Man and I went to this winery for a tasting for our six month anniversary. It was a scorcher of a day, maybe the hottest we had all summer, my air conditioner in the car could barely keep up. We broke into a sweat just walking from the car to the tasting room. The guy was very friendly as he presented us all six bottles of his current wine selection. We observed how pitiful his vines looked, and I actually honestly worried he might not have much of a crop left after this summer and dry winter.

I discovered I'm ruined for sweet wines. The only selections I enjoyed were the more dry Chambourcin wines.

And, surprisingly, the dry whites.

The Scotch Man went home with the semi sweet red, and I, surprisingly, chose the white semi sweet Seyval.

The Chambourcin we polished off over a couple of nights watching the Olympics. The Seyval I broke out to toast my sister getting a new job she really wanted. The white has been so nice with as hot as it's been.

It was nice, going to the free tasting. I almost wish I could sample all wines before I bought them to be sure I'll like them. It's always an adventure, going into a wine I haven't tried. I highly recommend this winery and vineyard, though. On a cooler day, they have a nice porch you can sit on, overlooking the vines, while you drink the bottle you purchased and even bring a picnic lunch. I'd highly recommend them, especially their prize winning Chambourcin.

Check out the pictures at the bottom of this page: White Tail Run Winery LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment