Sunday, September 2, 2012

Lagar de Robla - 2008

A little on the dry side, but still easy to drink. I actually was quite distracted while drinking this bottle. I drank it each night we watched the Olympics, which made me feel both lazy and inspired at the same time.

In my wine infused euphoria, I swore that I was going to become a runner. Watching those runners run, just watching their bodies, was amazing and beautiful. I was just in absolute awe of the gymnasts, hurtling themselves through space, and the swimmers wiggling their bodies as if they were fish. The most painful night, a night I had more than one glass, we watched the BMX races. Ouch! Those wipeouts are violent and epic. Of course, the Scotch Man watches the Olympics just to see the accidents, so he enjoyed it way too much.

The rest of the bottle was finished while I watched the Scotch Man play the videogame Bioshock. It's a first person shooter, but it's heavily laden with story, and has a fantastic 20s horror feel to it. I couldn't tear myself away. Several nights he'd turn it on and I'd forget what I was even working on. It was fun to get a bit buzzed and watch as the story unfolded and things kept getting more and more disturbing.

So, as I mentioned, this wine was less about the wine and more about drinking wine while being entertained and amazed. I remember it being good, but nothing that blew me out of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment