Sunday, June 24, 2012

Castle Rock Mendocino County - 2006 Zinfandel

My 31st birthday back in December was a mixture of happy and mournful. Mournful because, dear God, I am now not just 30, I am IN MY 30s.

But the day itself was filled with love and family and fun. We partook in our traditional New Years Even bowling and fireworks down in Aggie Ville, where more people than ever before joined us. I was also coming down from the high from my first date with the Scotch Man the night before.

Overall it was one of my more memorable birthdays.

And on that night, this bottle of Zinfandel was gifted to me by my best friend Luigi. All parts of the gifts she got me were wine-themed, which was great. Thanks, lady!

This was excellent sit and chill wine. I drank this bottle over a few nights of just relaxing and decompressing while watching movies or TV. It made splendid wine to dash of writing blog posts for the Confabulator Cafe. The Scotch man drank Scotch on these evenings instead, of course.

I enjoyed this wine enough that I'd definitely get it again. It was mild on the tongue but still flavorful. I'm quite excited, because Scotch Man purchased another bottle of Castle Rock on our last wine purchasing spree. I'm excited to try it and see if it matches up to this lovely bottle.


For those interested, here's a picture from my birthday at the bowling alley. Fun times were had by all! Although this was before my Daddy-o and his girlfriend arrived, so imagine one more happy couple making silly faces. It is also sadly lacking my new beau, who would eventually become the Scotch Man. I may have been an 11th wheel that night, but never again!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Haha, that was a fun night. :)

    ReplyDelete