Sunday, June 3, 2012

William Hill Estate - 2006 Bench Blend Cabernet Sauvignon

Looks like the bottle is either bleeding or crying
I was so excited about this bottle of wine. It's a really expensive bottle, normally. I got a special deal on it since I'm a member of Cork and Barrel's VIP Wine Club. Normally retailing for $40, I got it for $20. I wanted to save it for a special occasion, but instead I brought it over to share with the Scotch Man after he had a really rough day. I brought him his favorite kind of wine - the Cab Sauv - and dark chocolate, the two things that usually cheer me up when I'm feeling depressed.

However, it turned out to be bitter wine for bitter news.  Neither of my decadent treats managed to cheer The Scotch Man up, although he did manage to drink two glasses to my one before I spilled it.

All over books and his tie. His son's books, and his new, not cheap tie, I might add.

It was not a good day for either of us.

It's really too bad since it was expensive, but it was too dry for my liking, anyway.

As a side note, his dog ended up eating my chocolate. I apparently suck at cheering people up.

No comments:

Post a Comment