Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sabor Real - 2008 Toro

Image borrowed from here
Yowza that's a dry wine. Stung my eyes and my nose. Part of the description says spice box, and it did kind of remind me of what it's like to stick your face in a spice cabinet and inhale deeply.

The night we opened it, we spent a good 30 minutes in a new (for me) liquor store called Mass Beverage. It felt a little bit like cheating, buying wine somewhere other than Cork and Barrel, my usual watering hole, but this place had a nice layout and a great wine selection. I recognized a lot of brands, and that made me happy. Makes me feel like I'm maybe a little tiny bit becoming more knowledgeable about wine. The fact that I recognize labels and wineries might not mean much, but it means I don't feel nearly as lost in a liquor store.

It was kind of fun to actually just browse through the wine, because lately I've only been popping into Cork and Barrel long enough to pick up the Wine of the Week if it sounds good.

That's where the Sabor Real came from. After we got home from Mass Beverage, I made him line up our purchases on the counter so we could decide what bottle to open first.

Instead of any of our lovely new bottles of wine, we went with the one I had already bought.

This one. I don't think I'm really a fan of the Mexican/Spanish wines, really. I don't think I've tried one I've liked much yet.

But. I'm not disappointed, really. Just excited to try the next bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment