Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sebastiani Sonoma Coast - 2009 Pinot Noir


I have really liked all of the different Pinot Noir wines I've tried. It might be overthrowing my old favorite, the Cabernet Sauvignon. I find the Cab Sauv too dry these days.

This particular bottle, the Sonoma Coast Sebastiani, was a fun one. I drank it with the Scotch Man on our first vacation together. The week following Easter, we spend a few days at a cabin we rented at the lake. It was nice to get away from everything.

We giggled, flirted, and chatted philosophically (I think), but we didn't get any writing done, which was the original plan. That first day was supposed to be something of a writing retreat, but the day was spend driving out there, making a complete circuit of the lake before we found the cabin, unpacking the car and getting things organized in the cabin, trying to soothe his very upset dog, breaking in the cabin's double bed, and cooking a lovely dinner.

I don't regret the lack of writing, though. It was fun to play house in our little cabin and relax at the end of our busy day. The wine definitely helped me fall asleep that night. There was something decidedly freaky about being in the middle of (almost) nowhere with coyotes howling in the distance. I do regret, however, that I don't have much recollection about the flavor and pallet-ableness of the wine. Considering we drank the whole bottle that first night, my guess is that it was quite delicious and easy to drink. I wouldn't object to trying this particular brand again.

No comments:

Post a Comment